Friday, December 4, 2009

Give Some Coffee

Giving Day 4
Give a Cup of Coffee
Idea 25

In this idea Matthew suggests you pay for the coffee of the person behind you in line at Starbucks. He tells a story of woman who decided to do it and the trend then continued for most of the day. Each person would be blessed by the person in front of them and decide to give the person behind them a cup.

This actually happened to me once. Although, it wasn't a cup of coffee. It was Chick-fil-a. What a nice surprise it was to pull up to the window and have the worker tell me the lady in front of us had just bought our meal! The lady had left the card from her church that was doing a whole 'pay if forward' campaign all in Jesus' name. Pretty cool.

Its 27 degrees here in the Dallas area this morning. That's very cold for us. Let me reiterate that, that is very cold for us Texans! :) So, I'm thinking this is the perfect day for a nice, warm cup of Starbucks. And what better a day then to put into practice idea 25 and give someone behind me a cup of coffee!

I encourage you to do the same next time you're in line at your favorite coffee shop. Or Chick-fil-a or McDonalds....wherever! Maybe you'll start a trend of giving that day.

Let us think of way to motivate one another to acts of love and good works.
Hebrews 10:24

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of paying it forward! It's so inspiring.
    I do some of my grocery shopping at a discount place where you have to pay a quarter to get a shopping cart. When you leave you put your cart back in the corral and you get your quarter back. Well, yesterday a lady finished loading her groceries in her car and then gave me her cart. I know it's just a quarter, but it was gracious and it inspired me to do the same thing when I was finished with the cart!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails