Monday, April 12, 2010

Not Me Monday- Stinky Broccoli

 
 
Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.





As mentioned in the post about patience we went to visit Dereks grandparents this weekend.
Before we left the house there was an awful smell in the kitchen. Of course there were tons no dishes in the sink so I wouldn't even think that maybe something buried was the culprit. Nor would I think
something might be stuck in the drain perhaps. Because, well, there were no dishes in the sink. I would not go out of town for the night and leave any dishes in the sink. Nope, not me!
Since, there were no dishes in the sink I didn't feel the need to re-rinse them all just to ensure some food particle was not the cause of such stink. I also did not feel the need to run hot water down the sink for an extended period of time. 

When we returned home from our little trip we did not walk into an even stinkier house then we left. Because, of course, I did not leave a sink full of dishes waiting to be washed. I did not proceed to bag up the trash all in hopes of getting the stench out of the house.

While getting ready to reheat some left over dinner my husband did not open the microwave to discover I had left a plate full of broccoli* in there for, well, 3 days. :/ The awful stench did not suddenly consume all the air in the house and as we all gagged we did not yell at him to shut the microwave door. 
In closing the microwave door my husband did not just leave the plate of stinky broccoli in there only to be awaiting my clean up later.
 
But, since I didn't leave the broccoli in there the plate wasn't waiting for me to clean later. 
 
On the above mentioned trip I did not let my 8 year old drive my 8 month old around in the Barbie jeep. Because, well that would be dangerous, right? 
 
 






 
I did not run and grab my camera and get a few shots of the action but instead quickly told her to stop the car immediately and let the little guy out. 
 






 
Because, obviously from the picture above, he was most definitely NOT enjoying himself!
Nope, I would not allow such dangerous activities! Nope, not me!






*the broccoli left in the microwave was frozen organic broccoli. I dont normally heat up the broccoli in the microwave, because that just seems a bit lazy and unhealthy. Actually, who am I kidding? For some reason my kids love frozen broccoli and request that it only be heated 30 secs so they can eat it mostly frozen. Well, now the cat is out of the bag....I'm not perfect.


4 comments:

  1. Speaking of stinky. I have something in my living room that stinks and I CAN"T find it!!

    Good to know you have great taste in bedding! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I actually have a relative that rolled her Barbie jeep and broke her arm. The doc put a pink cast on her and she was the hit of the hospital! She was about 8 at the time. The story's her badge of honor, now that she's all healed up.
    Nope - they're not dangerous at all. Who would think? Looks like fun to me. They are sooooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...I can smell the smell here! yuck!

    I had left some bean soup in the fridge, tucked in the back..hidden. For several days we kept opening the fridge and thus gasping for air. I kept thinking it was the Easter eggs. But as the smell got worse and worse (and the baking soda didn't help) I investigated further. AHA...there in the back hiding...stinky bean soup.

    It was thrown away. Container and all.

    My little six month old would think it to be a blast to ride in that JEEP as well.

    Blessings, and fun blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have not lived til you open a Tupperware bowl in your cabinet and find a piece of chicken you left in the flour...weeks ago!!!!! That stuff really seals...didn't smell a thing...TIL I TOOK THE LID OFF....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails