Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thankful Thursday

This past week I have been dwelling worried a bit about the health care bill that was passed Sunday. I wont get on my soap box about that {for now}. But, with all this worry I have realized I need to focus my attention on not what could be but instead what is. 

I need to reflect on what I'm thankful for.

I'm sure out there in bloggyland there is another blog that does this as a blog carnival, and someday I may go look for it, but for now I'm doing it on my own. Hopefully every week!

So....this week for Thankful Thursday I am thankful for:

My husband. I haven't blogged about it, but plan to, but this past week my husband displayed the perfect example of showing grace to me. By the grace he showed to me through this experience he put on display the grace the Father shows to us when we mess up, for our children. The Lord reminded me through this how very blessed I am to have the husband I do.

My kids. I know I know, husband and kids. Of course I would list them on Thankful Thursday right? But, how can I not at least this first time. I am constantly amazed at the life the Lord has given me and the little people He has filled it with. {note to self: come back and read this when everything seems to be falling apart around here!}

My parents: I think I have just about the best mom in the world. A month ago they moved about 2 1/2 hours away and Tuesday my mom came to watch Audrey so I could take the big girls to a girls club theyre apart of. When we came home she had my kitchen cleaned and living room picked up for me. Such a blessing! She married my step-dad when I was 14 and although my world seemed upside for a few years I could not have asked for a better step-dad. He loves me, Derek and the kids just like we are his blood. And he makes my mom very happy. 

My church family: through the above mentioned situation where my sweet husband showed incredible grace for me, a family from our church stepped in and met an incredible need we had. They once again showed us the deep need and love of the fellowship of a church family in our lives.

I could go on and on. But, I'll stop for now.....otherwise I might run out of things for future weeks! Wait, I dont think thats possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails