Sunday, June 19, 2011

Somewhere Along the Way

Somewhere along the way....I lost my way.
Actually, I lost His way.
I don't mean I lost my faith or anything similar. I just lost sight of what I am supposed to be doing in this life. What He has called be to do.
To be.
As a wife.
A mother.
A teacher.
A homemaker.

This past year I think I just felt the burnout of being a homeschooling mom. It was only our 4th year but it started off rough. With Audrey's eye issues and my dads sudden death our fall wasn't too great.
But the Lord did show His faithfulness through it all.

I know I have been just going through the motions of everything. I've been homeschooling this year because I know that's what I'm supposed to be doing. But, I had no passion or vision in doing it.

Then, all of sudden, some time in May this renewed energy and excitement about being home with my kids and homeschooling them and training them came back to me!
Maybe its the fact we have a new baby on the way. Maybe the Lord is using that to remind me of this important thing He has called me to. But, whatever the reason I am grateful.

I am so excited for our new school year. I'm so excited to get back into a routine of having purpose in our daily musings. To not just go through the motions of getting things done because that's what we're supposed to be doing. But, instead doing everything while being mindful of what I've been called to do and be. And aware and intentional about training these kids the Lord has entrusted to us.

I've really missed blogging. And, Im well aware very few will actually read this post after such a long absence but it just feels good to be writing out some of the thoughts going through me head. And to share with no one
maybe someone what the Lord is doing in me right now.


So, I hope as part of my renewed passion for this calling of mine that I start blogging regularly again!

3 comments:

  1. You're back! Glad to see you blogging again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading!! So glad you are back. The Lord is doing similar things in my life... wish we could talk in person! Love you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thankful for you, friend! I am excited to see how God uses you to train your girls and inspire those of us around you. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails